About Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Lantz sees patients of all ages and provides support to people in all stages of health. Naturopathic Doctors are experts in preventative medicine and proactive management of chronic diseases like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease and fibromyalgia. It is never too early or too late to seek Naturopathic medical care and treatments are often a well-suited to complement conventional medical care.
The Naturopathic perspective sees the body as a whole system and recognizes there is an interaction between a your environment, your diet, lifestyle and your physiology. The development of disease is viewed as a process rather than an isolated event and symptoms are used as a tool in understanding and treating the root cause of your concerns.
- Hypothyroidism; low energy, fatigue and poor sleep
- Mental Emotional Health – including anxiety, depression, stress management, life changes.
- Women’s health – including menopause, pre- and post-natal care, fertility, hormone balancing, painful periods, PMS, and menstrual irregularities.
- Pediatric care – including well child exams, colic, food sensitivities/allergies, eczema.
- Digestive Health - food allergies & sensitivities; gas, bloating, heartburn; constipation; IBS; Celiac disease.
- Nutrient & vitamin optimization
- Chronic Disease Prevention and Management – including diabetes, metabolic syndrome, blood sugar management; fibromyalgia; arthritis; heart disease.
- General health – including sleep disturbances & insomnia; weight loss; stress management.
- Autoimmune conditions - Rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid conditions, lupus, etc.
- Weight loss, detoxification and dietary counseling
- Skin Conditions – acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea.
- General Wellness, Disease Prevention & Optimal Aging
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
Dr Lantz incorporates the guiding principles of Naturopathic Medicine when determining the treatment plan for each patient:
- First, do no harm - use the least invasive measures that do the least amount of harm to the body. Appropriate referrals are made when more aggressive or urgent medical treatment is necessary.
- Treat the whole person - integrated medical care recognizes each patient requires treatment tailored to them -- what works for one person may not work as well for another. Naturopathic medicine involves all aspects of health, including physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Education - doctor as teacher - doctor, docere, means to teach. Dr Lantz works to give you education around every treatment used. If you have any questions, please ask.
- Identify and treat the cause - symptoms are the body’s reaction to illness/infection or attempts at healing. Instead of prescribing treatment to remove or mask a given symptom, treatment plans aim to treat and remove the cause of disease.
- The healing power of nature - Our bodies have an innate ability to heal. Naturopathic medical care seeks to support the healing ability of the body, to correct dysfunction and remove obstacles to your ability heal.
- Prevention - treatment aims to prevent chronic illness and disease by supporting overall health and wellness.